For general travel directions please go to the campus web site.
By AirTransportation to Amherst & UMass it is easiest and quickest to schedule your final air destination as Bradley International Airport (BDL) in Windsor Locks, Connecticut.
Alternate airports are:
- Logan International Airport (BOS) in Boston, Massachusetts.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in New York.
Local shuttle service, using the Valley Transporter service, goes to and from Bradley, Logan, and New York airports- average approximate prices one-way are:
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK): $385 - includes taxes, tolls, gratuity for 1-3 people;
- Logan International Airport (BOS): $285 includes taxes, tolls, gratuity for 1-3 people;
- Bradley International Airport (BDL): $53 for one person, does NOT include gratuity, must be booked at least 2 days in advance (additional charges apply for last minute booking).
Make reservations at ValleyTransporter.com or call 001-413-253-1350
Amtrak provides limited service to Amherst from New York City. Schedules.
Very limited taxi service exists from the train station to Campus and there can be a very long wait. Please let us know if you plan to arrive by train.
You will need to arrange transportation to your UMass dorm for check in. So please visit one of our campus maps and locate Crampton or Prince Residence halls in the Southwest Residential Area.