If you're going to a party...
- Eat before you go out.
- Make a plan for how you’ll get home before you go out. Designate a driver, take a bus or cab, or walk in a group.
- Set a limit of how many drinks you will have. Tell a friend so they can help you stick to it.
- Alternate alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks to help pace yourself.
- Watch out for your friends and don’t leave anyone behind. Don’t go anywhere alone!
- Respect the host’s property and don’t leave with an alcoholic beverage in an open container.
- Make sure you are welcome or invited.
- Be considerate of the families in the neighborhoods you travel through. Be aware of the time of night.