Off Campus Student Life Coordinators (Coordinators) are a team of off campus students who manage the Off Campus Student Center. In addition to programming, the Coordinators act as a resource for off campus students. The Coordinators participate in Town Gown initiatives to build community among the greater Amherst area. The Coordinators do not enforce campus policy or town bylaws.
The Off-Campus Student Life Coordinators aim to support students living off campus by:
- Increase the dissemination of relevant campus information to students living off-campus;
- Serve as an on-campus resource for students
- Build community among off campus students and with the greater Amherst community;
- Promote and assist students in using the Housing and Community Resources website
- (www.umocss.org), including the housing and roommate search functions.
- Communicate off-campus student concerns to the University administration through Off Campus Student Services staff;
- Assist with Off Campus Student Services programs and initiatives; and
- Increase students’ knowledge of town laws/ordinances, property management policies, university expectations, and good neighbor practices (e.g., noise violations, trash violations, housing code violations, Student Code, etc.).