Off Campus Student Life Coordinators (OCSLCs) live off campus, serve as a resource, and help build community between UMASS students and their off campus neighbors. OCSLCs have extensive knowledge of campus information/resources and support off campus students by designing programs and events that meet the needs of these students.
The Off-Campus Student Life Coordinators aim to support students living off campus by:
- Increase the dissemination of relevant campus information to students living off-campus;
- Serve as an on-campus resource for students
- Build community among off campus students and with the greater Amherst community;
- Promote and assist students in using the Housing and Community Resources website
- (www.umocss.org), including the housing and roommate search functions.
- Communicate off-campus student concerns to the University administration through Off Campus Student Services staff;
- Assist with Off Campus Student Services programs and initiatives; and
- Increase students’ knowledge of town laws/ordinances, property management policies, university expectations, and good neighbor practices (e.g., noise violations, trash violations, housing code violations, Student Code, etc.).