Peer Health Education Intern Position
- Good communicator
- Team player
- Earn three credits per semester
- Become a nationally Certified Peer Educator through the BACCHUS Network
- Gain leadership experience
- Contribute to the health and well-being of the UMass community
- Peer Wellness Coaching: provide one-on-one coaching to undergraduate student peers to support them in growing, maintaining and/or improving their own wellness. Coaches engage coachees in building increased capacity for wellness through active listening, report building, goalsetting, and campus resources. Click here to learn more about peer wellness coaching.
- Paws Program Events: assist with the planning and staffing of four campus-wide therapy dog events (two events/ semester). Click here to learn more about the Paws Program.
- Committee Work: serve as a liaison between PHE and campus communities.
- Available Fridays, 10:15 a.m. – 12:45 p.m. for both fall and spring semesters
- Available for two weekend day retreats in September/October from 10 a.m – 5 p.m. (dates TBD)
- Two-semester commitment
- 9-10 hours/week, which includes Friday meetings and retreats
- GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Experience working as a peer educator
- Experience working with diverse groups
- Completion of Education 210 and/or 202 (or equivalent core concepts)
- Completion of Public Health 160
- Working knowledge of wellness dimensions and/or health topics
- Familiarity with social media
- Experience with advocacy work
- Connections to the campus community (e.g. RSO, Residence Life, etc.)
WANT TO APPLY TO BE A PEER HEALTH EDUCATOR?
Recruitment for the 2019-2020 academic year will begin mid-spring 2019. Please check back then for more information and updates.
Be creative, have fun and make a difference.
Questions? Email email@example.com