Funds collected on behalf of your RSO/GSO should be deposited into you revenue fund. A deposit slip must be prepared in the Business Center, located in room 252 Bartlett Hall, before bringing it to the campus cashier window.
- Your RSO/GSO collects cash and checks as payment of dues from group members. These funds must be deposited into you group's revenue fund.
Cash Handling and Deposit Info:
- Cash and checks need to be deposited as quickly as possible.
- Deposits are done by completing a deposit slip at the Business Center, in room 252, Bartlett Hall.
- When taking a check, make sure it is filled out correctly and deposited in a timely manner. If is not, it will be denied at the bank and result in your group not getting the revenue it was expecting.
- A dorm room or a backpack is NOT the place to store cash or checks. If for any reason you are unable to deposit your funds in a timely manner, a group member can leave a sealed envelope in the safe at the Business Center.
- If you ever plan to collect a large amount of cash, you can arrange for police escort to bring the funds to a safe at a Bursar’s Office location, even during night hours. Ask your advisor or Account Specialist how to do this if you are going to have a need.
- When receiving cash or checks, it is policy to give a receipt to the person that paid you. Receipt books are available at the Business Center; pick up one before collecting funds.
- We are unable to process credit cards for deposits in the Business Center.