The Dean of Students (DOS) Office has a strong commitment to fostering student development, particularly in the acquisition of personal values, which create a respect for individual difference, cultural diversity and equal opportunity. The staff strives to meet the varied needs of undergraduate students through advocacy program support, advising, and general counseling. Our staff is available to answer questions, advocate on behalf of students, or to point students and their families in the right direction to get the information they need.
DOS services include:
- Serving as a single point of contact within the University for students and their families in time of crisis.
- Counseling and referrals for students contemplating withdrawal from or re-enrollment at the University.
- Providing short-term, emergency loans for students.
- Supporting students through the Massachusetts Residency Reclassification process.
- Overseeing Community Education initiatives, the University's Help Line and the Student Services Committee.
- Implementing and monitoring the University Discipline System.
DOS administers the UMass Amherst Student Conduct process, providing an important opportunity to educate students about community standards and behavioral expectations. For more detailed information about Student Conduct, please visit the Dean of Students Office website.
DOS also partners with a number of campus departments to guide students and familes on their educational rights and responsibilities, campus safety, and compliance.
The Dean of Students Office web address is: www.umass.edu/dean_students