The Dean of Students (DOS) office has a strong commitment to fostering student development, particularly in the acquisition of personal values, which create a respect for individual difference, cultural diversity and equal opportunity. The staff strives to meet the varied needs of undergraduate students through advocacy program support, advising, and general counseling.
The Dean of Students Office provides students with the support, resources and referrals they need to succeed at the university.
Our staff is available to answer questions, advocate on behalf of students, or to point students and their families in the right direction to get the information they need. The goal of the staff is to respond to individual student needs and concerns.
Specific services include:
- Offering a single point of contact within the University for students and their families in time of crisis.
- Counseling and referral for students contemplating withdrawal from or re-enrollment at the University.
- Implementing and monitoring the University Discipline System.
- Providing short term emergency loans.
- Addressing Massachusetts residency issues.