This review is an important part of creating a unified campus strategy for student success and supporting UMass Amherst through its next chapter of development. The guideposts for this next phase of institutional evolution are outlined in the executive summary of ‘Innovation and Impact: Renewing the Promise of the Public Research University’.
Although the timeline for this review is very compressed, we are committed to ensuring that this process is as inclusive as possible. Linda Kuk will serve as the Chancellor’s consultant for this review. Dr. Kuk will visit campus on October 3rd and 4th to meet with internal and external stakeholders to gain insights and perspectives that will inform the recommendations she will make to the Chancellor. Not everyone will be able to meet in person with Linda Kuk, but I invite you to share your thoughts with me or your SALT leader directly either via email or in person. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 545-2300.
Interim Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Campus Life
Dr. Kuk forwarded a list of questions for the Division to think about for the discussions she will be having on campus.
- Where do they envision their program in five years?
- What do they see as their personal and their units major strengths and what would each of them want to tell me about those strengths?
- How can their unit’s strengths be utilized to help realize their goals over the next few years?
- What do they see as the alterations (innovations) that are needed within student affairs and their units to realize the Chancellor’s goals and their goals over the next few years?
- How do they believe these alterations will impact their units?
- From their perspective, why do they think the institution and student affairs leadership want changes? How do they see the issues surround this effort?
- What do they fear might happen and what do they hope will happen, related to discussed or assumed possible alterations that they envision are being discussed?
- Outside of doing nothing, what would they recommend as viable options to consider?
Dr. Kuk's Schedule
Dean of Students Staff
Expanded Campus Leadership Council
Key Stakeholders - UMPD, Bursar, Registrar, International Programs, Undergraduate Advising, Enrollment Management, University Relations, Space and Asset Managment, Athletics, Auxiliary Enterprises, Administration and Finance, Campus Planning
Student Affairs Leadership Team
Undergraduate Student Leadership
University Relations and Town of Amherst
Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Office Staff
Center for Counseling and Psychological Health
Center for Student Development Directors
Graduate Student Leadership
Residential Life - Residence Education, Facilities Operations, Student Services, NSO, Parent Services and Finance
Student Affairs Technology Services