With more than 100 courses featuring STS-related material at UMass Amherst, opportunities to learn about the relationship between science, technology and society abound at every level of education.
- Masters level - Master of Public Policy and Administration students may choose to focus on STS as a specialization within the MPPA Program.
- Ph.D. level - Doctoral students may focus on STS in their respective departments. They should discuss their interests with their advisor and with STS faculty. Please note that the Center for Public Policy and Administration does not offer a Ph.D. program.
Courses: To download a list of STS-related courses, please click here (.xls, 194KBl). Use the installed filters to sort classes by level (graduate or undergraduate), department, or college. And check Spire to see if the course you are interested in is offered this semester.
Interested in only ICT Courses? click here
Sample Course Sequences:
- POLSCI 280 Public Policy
- RES EC 102 Introduction to
- STATIS 140 Introduction to Statistics
- LEGAL 275 Interdisciplinary Legal Studies
- WOMENSST 297B Race, Gender & Science
- RESEC 397A Economics in Contemporary Information Technology
- MANAGMNT 365 Business and its Environment
- COMM 497T Advanced Issues in Information Technology and Society