The Sodexo Foundation and the
STOP Hunger Scholarships recognize students who have committed to make a
difference in the fight against hunger and its root causes in America.
STOP Hunger Scholarships.
Recognizing and honoring students for community service.
The Sodexo Foundation seeks applicants for the STOP Hunger Scholarships to
recognize students in the fight against hunger in America. More than 35.5
million Americans are at risk of hunger and Sodexo, Inc. is committed to
working toward a hunger-free nation. The STOP Hunger Scholarships recognize
and reward students who have made a significant impact in the fight against
hunger and its root causes in the United States.
Applications open in January 1, 2009.
Students will be selected from applicants with the following criteria:
* Must be enrolled in an accredited education institution (kindergarten
through college graduate school) in the United States.
* Must have demonstrated on-going commitment to their community by
performing volunteer services impacting hunger in the United States at least
within the last 12 months.
* Volunteer services must be helping non-family members.
* Multiple applications of the same student will not be accepted; if more
than one application for an individual is received, the first application
received will be the application accepted and reviewed.
* Applications for STOP Hunger Scholarships are accepted from January 1
February 27, 2009.
Applicants must also get a Community Service Recommendation as part of the
application. The Community Service Recommendation must be submitted by March