The Alliance for Climate Protection
Winter, Summer and Fall
The Alliance for Climate Protection is offering undergraduate students a unique educational opportunity working at the forefront of the climate change movement. Apply your education and interests through practical experience, and learn firsthand about the work that needs to be done to inspire social activism and fight the climate crisis!
Founded in 2006 by Former Vice President Al Gore, the Alliance for Climate Protection is a non-partisan
organization committed to igniting public action to help solve the climate crisis. In early April, the Alliance launched the We Campaign, a highly visible three-year effort to help make climate change a top issue for American voters. The We Campaign is unprecedented in both scale
and approach. For more information, visit: wecansolveit.org <http://www.wecansolveit.org> .
Full-time fellowships are available in our Menlo Park office during the Winter, Summer and Fall terms.
Fellows will be primarily working in one of the following areas:
Social Networking. Build the climate change presence on social networking sites, assist in the
dispersion of online media material, develop new mechanisms for viral marketing, and help with
other online efforts as needed. Experience and interest with social marketing is required.
Grassroots. Support events where We has a presence, including working with sponsors and
coordinating materials with volunteers. Create and distribute compelling materials to assist
members of the We Campaign who are hosting house parties. Work with We
campus chapters to develop events at universities nationwide. Excellent communications skills,
creativity and event/party planning experience are a plus.
Partnerships & Development. Coordinate requests for partnerships and develop a plan for annual
review of our corporate partnerships. Help write proposals and other fundraising documents, and
manage our relationship with large donors. Attention to detail is a must.
Marketing & Communications. Field, screen, and track requests for media participation and
public speaking appearances. Assist with media research activities and tracking earned and paid
media. Knowledge of marketing or corporate social responsibility is a plus.
Current Affairs. Develop a calendar of climate events that the Alliance should be a part of and
brief staff weekly on findings. Create research memos and slides on current U.S. energy/climate
policy developments, clean energy investments, market research, polling, etc. Excellent research
skills are a must.
Fellows will also gain a breadth of experience working on collaborative and independent projects across
sectors. In addition, they will have the opportunity to draft short articles focused on climate change issues
and climate change activism. Articles that meet the Alliance's quality standards will be published on the
We Campaign website.
Applicants with a variety of experience levels and interests are encouraged to apply. All positions require
excellent written and oral communications skills, good computer and search skills, strong attention to
detail, ability to juggle multiple deadlines and assignments, and ability to work as part of a team.
* Email your resume, a one-page cover letter, and two references to:
* Your cover letter must state how you can help the Alliance and what you hope to learn
during the fellowship. It should specify which fellowship program areas are of greatest
interest to you and why, as well as your availability with start and end dates.
* Include contact information for two references. At least one must be a professor or
advisor at your university or college.
* Your resume should indicate your GPA and classes relevant to the Fellows program.
* Applicants may also send one short (2-page) writing sample.
Deadlines and dates:
* Applications must be received by April 15th for Summer fellowships,
June 30th for the Fall program and November 15th for the Winter.
* Fellowships will be for a period of ten to twelve weeks and can begin the second or third week of
January (Winter), June (Summer) and September (Fall).
Fellows will receive a $3,000 stipend for a twelve-week fellowship or a $2,500 stipend for a ten-
* Fellowships are open to all undergraduate students who have completed two or more years of
* Eligibility extends to the term immediately following graduation.
* The Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to workplace diversity.
* Fellows will work in our Menlo Park, CA headquarters, located a short walk from the Menlo Park
Caltrain station and other public transportation.
* We do not provide housing or housing assistance to Fellows.