Career Networking and Development Conference
The SPHHS will host a Career Networking and Development Conference for undergraduates and graduate students in all departments on Tuesday, March 22nd, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm in the Campus Center Auditorium and adjacent rooms.
Students: No matter what level of your academic training you are at, you can find volunteer work, an internship, practicum or even a job by attending the Conference, and meeting a variety of wonderful people from your field.
Agencies: We welcome any agency looking for students studying Communication Disorders, Kinesiology, Nutrition, or Public Health and its core disciplines of Biostatistics, Community Health Education, Environmental Health Sciences, Epidemiology, or Health Policy and Management.
If you'd like to participate, complete our Agency Registration form here.
The event is open to the public and free to all students.
2016 Conference Schedule
- 9:00 AM-9:30 AM | Big Picture of Employment in Public Health and Health Sciences |Campus Center Auditorium
- 9:30 AM-10:15 AM | Employer & Student Roundtable |Campus Center Auditorium
-10:30 AM-12:00 PM | Open Career Fair |Campus Center Auditorium
-12:00 PM– 1:00 PM | Lunch Break
-1:00 PM-2:00 PM | Careers in Federal, State, and Local Agencies | Campus Center Auditorium
-2:00 PM-5:00 PM | Mock Interviews with Regional and State Employers | Campus Center Auditorium
-2:15 PM –3:15 PM | Careers in Kinesiology | CC Room 162
-2:15 PM –3:15 PM | Careers in Nutrition | CC Room 174
-2:15 PM –3:15 PM | Western Mass Public Health Academic Consortium Group | Closed Session | CC Room 165
-2:15 PM-4:15 PM | UMass Center for Women & Community: Start Smart: Salary Negotiation Skills For Women | CC Room 163
- 3:15 PM-4:15 PM | UMass Career Services: The In’s and Out’s of Interviewing: Phone, Skype, Video, and In-Person | CC Room 174
- 3:15 PM-4:15 PM | UMass SPHHS Undergraduate Exploratory Track: Exploring UMass Majors | CC Room 162
- 4:15 PM-5:15 PM | UMass Career Services: E-Viser-Learn How to Connect with Alumni Advisors to Advance Your Career | CC Room 174
Confirmed vendors include: