The UMass Nutrition Department has an active alumni network on LinkedIn. We are encouraging all Juniors and Seniors to create their own profile and get ready to make connections. To become a member of the network, we require that students have their profile approved by one of our peer advisors and take an etiquette quiz. Our peer advisors have been trained in using LinkedIn and creating an impressive, professional-looking profile. Follow these steps to become a member of the UMass Nutrition Alumni Network:
1. View the LinkedIn tutorial and info sheets:
2. Register with LinkedIn and create the first draft of your professional profile
3. Have a friend take a professional photo of you and upload it to your profile page
4. Take our Nutrition Department Etiquette Quiz
5. See a Nutrition Peer Advisor during drop in hours or make an appointment by emailing email@example.com
(make sure you bring the etiquette quiz with you)
6. The Peer Advisor will look over your profile and make suggestions for improvements, if needed. The Peer Advisor will also review your etiquette quiz and let you know if your profile is approved for the Nutrition Alumni Network.
7. If your profile and etiquette quiz are approved, the Peer Advisor will email our Undergraduate Advisor to let her know that she can send you an invitation to join the Nutrition Alumni Network.
8. If your profile and etiquette quiz are not complete or need improvements, make another appointment with the Peer Advisor to review them again after you have made additions and/or changes.
9. Once your profile and quiz are approved, you will receive an invitation via LinkedIn to join the Nutrition Alumni Network – Accept the Invitation!