PhD Program Minimum Requirements
A total of 57 credits including the following:
- 18 credits (minimum) of Ph.D. Dissertation (NUTR 899).
- 3 credits of graduate Seminar. The student will present three seminars, one must be in Nutrition and one in the Minor; the third can be in either area.
- 24 credits in major concentration of Nutrition (selected from the courses listed below).
- 12 credits in minor concentration within SPHHS or another appropriate Ph.D.-granting program.
- Passing a Comprehensive Examination.
- Completion and defense of a research dissertation.
Courses in major concentration of Nutrition:
- NUTRITN 630: Nutrition and Chronic Disease
- NUTRITN 640: Public Health Nutrition
- NUTRITN 714: Advanced Nutrition-Vitamins
- NUTRITN 715: Advanced Nutrition Minerals
- NUTRITN 731: Nutritional Assessments
- NUTRITN 741: Methods in Nutrition Research
- NUTRITN 793/794: Graduate Seminar
- PUBHLTH 640: Intermediate Biostatistics
- PUBHLTH 630: Principles of Epidemiology
- PUBHLTH 634: Nutritional Epidemiology