The UMASS Nutrition Association (UMNA) is where Nutrition majors meet and work with each other outside of a classroom setting. An UMNA member also has access to opportunities on campus and in the community in nutrition and other health areas. In UNMA students work to explore career options as nutrition professionals. We also provide community service and increase social connections.
If you are interested in UMNA, we welcome you to join this Facebook group that has postings of meeting times, upcoming events and information on how to join the club.
Past and Annual UMNA Events
- Throughout the semester, UMNA gives dorm talks to the UMass resident halls. These dorm talks discuss anything from general nutrition knowledge, eating healthy in the dining commons, and having healthy eating patterns. There is also room for a question and answer session. These dorm talks are a great resume builder and will put your nutrition knowledge to use!
- Each semester, UMNA will host one meal night at the Amherst Survival Center. The volunteers will decide on a meal to cook and purchase the food with funds from UMNA. Food preparation begins between 3pm-3:30pm and the dinner is served at 5:30. After dinner, the volunteers are responsible for clean up. This is a really fun event and a great way to be active in the Amherst community.
- In the fall semester, UMNA will go apple picking. We go to the Cold Spring Orchard, which is UMass’ orchard and farm stand! The apples picked are donated to the Amherst Survival Center. This is a great way to bond with UMNA members and give back to the Amherst community (plus the apples are delicious!).
- Every Fall UMNA puts together a food drive for the Food Bank of Western, MA. Recently we donated over 400 pounds of food.
- Underclassman Night is an event where upperclassman can share information about classes, volunteering, and internships that helped them along through their time at UMASS with underclassman.
- Every Spring UMNA members volunteer at the WAMDA (Western Area Massachusetts Dietetic Association) Road Race.