August 23, 2017
The Musculoskeletal Orthopedic Biomechanics Lab in the Department of Kinesiology seeks volunteers for a study on high heeled shoe design. Researchers will investigate how different shoes change how individuals move.
Prospective participants must meet the following criteria:
- Female with size 6 feet.
- Age 21-45 years and BMI <30kg/m2
- Be in good general health
- Have no history of major lower extremity surgery, injury or current joint pain
- Have no history of cardiovascular or neurological conditions (heart disease, Parkinson’s disease, stroke)
- Have experience walking in heels
Participants will be asked to complete one visit to the lab, where they will be asked to walk and stand in several different shoes while researchers measure walking patterns, muscle activity, and the pressure pattern under participants' feet. Participants will also be asked to complete questionnaires about their general health.
Participants who complete the study will receive a 30% off gift card to Cole Haan stores.
If interested, please contact the MOBL study team at email@example.com or by phone at 413-545-4421.