April 15, 2015
First Row (L-R): Joycelyn Faraj, Alice Fiddian-Green, Avery Hennigar
Six SPHHS students are among the winners of this year's student research grants and awards from the UMass Center for Research on Families (CRF).
"The program provides support to both undergraduate and graduate students in all disciplines of study and acknowledges outstanding student research on family issues," according to the CRF.
The SPHHS awardees include winners of the CRF Family Research Travel Grants, which helps students attend national and international conferences where they present their research, the Family Research Honors Thesis/Capstone Award, acknowledging outstanding undergraduate student research by a graduating senior, and the Family Research Undergraduate Assistantship, which enables undergraduates to receive funding to study with faculty on a research project.
Family Research Travel Grants:
- Joycelyn Faraj: doctoral candidate in Nutrition
- Alice Fiddian-Green: doctoral candidate in Community Health Education
Family Research Honors Thesis/Capstone Award:
- Avery Hennigar: majoring in Public Health Sciences & Psychological and Brain Sciences
- Kelsie Mitchell: majoring in Public Health Sciences
Family Research Undergraduate Assistantship:
- Yelena Ravvina: majoring in Public Health Sciences and Psychology
- Emily Reilly: majoring in Nutrition & Psychological and Brain Sciences