Health Equity Policy Assembly
Date:Wednesday, April 1, 2015 - 2:00pm to 4:00pmLocation:Western MA Regional DPH Office, 23 Service Center Road, Northampton, MA
Come help choose which state policy priorities the Western MA Health Equity Network will work on this legislative session to advance health equity in Western Massachusetts.
Join community leaders from Berkshire, Franklin, Hampden, Hampshire...
Fellowship Opportunities for Graduate Students of Color
Date:Thursday, April 2, 2015 - 12:00pm to 1:30pmLocation:UMass Amherst, 107 Bartlett Hall
Ever wondered what fellowships you might be eligible for as a person of color? Come to this information session and learn first-hand from successful fellowship recipients. The panel will outline a variety of fellowship opportunities, highlighting...
Kinesiology Seminar Series: Mark Pachucki
Date:Monday, April 6, 2015 - 1:25pm to 2:15pmLocation:UMass Amherst, 153 Totman Building
Mark Pachucki, Ph.D., of Harvard Medical School in Cambridge, MA, will present a seminar titled "Evaluating Social Influences on Physical Activity over the Lifecourse." Faculty member John Sirard will be the host for this seminar.
18th Annual SPHHS Research Day
Date:Monday, April 6, 2015 - 2:00pm to 5:00pmLocation:UMass Amherst, Student Union Ballroom
The UMass Amherst School of Public Health and Health Sciences invites you to attend our Annual Research Day. This event highlights the outstanding education, research and...
- Disrupted Lives, Fragmented Care: Illness Experiences of Criminalized WomenDate:Wednesday, April 8, 2015 - 12:00pm to 1:00pmLocation:UMass Amherst, Arnold House, Room 120
Susan Starr-Sered, PhD, is Professor of Sociology at Suffolk University in Boston and Senior Researcher at Suffolk University’s Center for Women’s Health and Human Rights. She received her undergraduate education at the University of Chicago, and...
- Corporate Health & Wellness PanelDate:Thursday, April 9, 2015 - 6:00pm to 7:00pmLocation:UMass Amherst, Room S140, Integrated Learning Center
The panel will feature alumni representatives holding degrees in kinesiology, nutrition, and public health who have a shared interest in health and wellness in corporate and healthcare settings. Alumni panelists will discuss how they broke into...
- "Vegucated" documentary screeningDate:Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 7:00pm to 9:00pmLocation:Smith College, Campus Center, TV Lounge
Co-hosted by the UMass Plant-Based Nutrition Club and Smith College, this is a screening of the documentary Vegucated at Smith College with writer-director-5 College ALUM Marisa Miller Wolfson for a Question & Answer session.
- Kinesiology Seminar Series: Michael TothDate:Monday, April 13, 2015 - 1:25pm to 2:15pmLocation:UMass Amherst, 153 Totman Building
Michael Toth, Ph.D., of the University of Vermont in Burlington, VT, will present a seminar titled "Muscle disuse as the Facilitator of Age- and Disease-Related Disability: A Simple Answer to a Complex Question." Faculty member Mark Miller will...
- Department of Nutrition Graduate SeminarDate:Monday, April 13, 2015 - 4:00pmLocation:133 Chenoweth Laboratory Building, UMass Amherst
The Department of Nutrition will present two seminars. Graduate student Nozi Maziya will present a seminar titled "B Vitamins and Depression in HIV", and Liz Gambo will present a seminar titled "Effect of Caffeine on Exercise".
- Grad Night: Learning about the GRE & SPHHS Graduate ProgramsDate:Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 6:00am to 7:00amLocation:UMass Amherst, Integrated Learning Center (ILC) S241
- Disrupted Lives, Fragmented Care: Illness Experiences of Criminalized Women