4th Annual Massachusetts Urban Farming Conference
Date:Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 7:45am to 5:30pmLocation:Northeastern University Curry Student Center 346 Huntington Ave. Boston, MA 02119
The Annual Massachusetts Urban Farming Conference (UFC), in partnership with the Massachusetts Department of Agriculture, is designed to advance the opportunities and address the barriers involved in cultivating a resilient and...
Virtual Career Fair: Employment for People with Disabilities
Date:Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 8:00am to 5:30pmLocation:Virtual
Are you a person with a disability...looking for a career opportunity or internship? This Virtual Career Fair is FREE for students and alumni with disabilities to attend. Great opportunity for College students & College grads with...
Kinesiology Seminar Series: Deepak Ganesan, PhD
Date:Monday, March 21, 2016 - 1:25pm to 2:15pmLocation:Totman 153
Deepak Ganesan, Associate Professor in the Department of Computer Science at UMass Amherst, will present a talk titled "Methodological and System Challenges in Continuous Mobile Health Sensing."
Light refreshments will be served.
SPHHS Career Networking and Development Conference
Date:Tuesday, March 22, 2016 - 9:00am to 5:00pmLocation:Campus Center AuditoriumSPHHS holds an annual Career Development and Internship Fair for undergraduates and graduate students in all departments. - See more at:...
- Kinesiology Seminar Series: Jesse Jacobs, PhDDate:Monday, March 28, 2016 - 1:25pm to 2:15pmLocation:Totman 153
Jesse Jacobs, PhD, Senior Research Scientist at Liberty Mutual Research Institute for Safety, will present a talk titled "The Mechanisms of Postural Impairment and Their Relevance to Treatment for People with Parkinson’s disease."
- Bio-Epi Seminar Series: Lauren Wise, ScDDate:Friday, April 1, 2016 - 12:15pm to 1:15pmLocation:Campus Center Room 804-08
“Internet-based prospective cohort studies of time-to-pregnancy”
Lauren Wise, ScD, Professor in the Department of Epidemiology at Boston University School of Public Health...
- Kinesiology Seminar Series: Christine St. Laurent, PhD candidateDate:Monday, April 4, 2016 - 1:25pm to 2:15pmLocation:Totman 153
Christine St. Laurent, PhD candidate in the Department of Kinesiology at UMass Amherst, will present a talk titled "Suspension Trainer-based Movement Training in Children."
Light refreshments will be served.
- 19th Annual SPHHS Research DayDate:Tuesday, April 5, 2016 - 2:00pm to 5:00pmLocation:Student Union Ballroom
The UMass Amherst School of Public Health and Health Sciences invites you to attend our Annual Research Day. This event highlights the outstanding education, research and practice being performed by students within our School. Students from all...
- Kinesiology Seminar Series: Ho Han, PhDDate:Monday, April 11, 2016 - 1:25pm to 2:15pmLocation:Totman 153
Ho Han, PhD, Postdoctoral Research Associate in the Department of Kinesiology at UMass Amherst, will present a talk titled "Individualized Cadence Cut-points for Estimating Accelerometer-derived Free-living Walking Behavior."
- Bio-Epi Seminar Series: Bernard Harlow, PhDDate:Friday, April 15, 2016 - 12:15pm to 1:15pmLocation:Campus Center Room 804-08
"Vulvodynia: Prevalent, Debilitating, Poorly Understood" Exploring Biopsychosocial Hypotheses
This presentation will provide an overview of Dr. Harlow’s research on vulvar pain over the past 15 years. Data on...
- Kinesiology Seminar Series: Jesse Jacobs, PhD