Wicked Good Sports Medicine Symposium
Date:Sep 13 2013From:01:00pm to 05:00pmLocation:Alfond Forum, University of New England - Biddeford Campus, 630 Pool St, Biddeford, ME
The event is FREE and open to anyone interested in sports medicine and health. Join a group of distinguished researchers in sports medicine including SPHHS professor Barry Braun, Associate Professor of Kinesiology.
The full lineup of faculty:
- Dr. Barry Braun, UMass Amherst, Interactions Between Pharmacology and Exercise to Prevent Type-2 Diabetes
- Dr. Daniel Lieberman, Harvard University - Why Exercise Really is Medicine (An Evolutionary Explanation)
- Dr. Samuel Cheuvront, of the United States Army Research Institute of Environmental Medicine - Answers to 10 Common Questions About Hydration
- Dr. Timothy Lightfoot, Texas A&M - Can you Be Born a Couch Potato? The Genetics that Control Your Physical Activity
- Dr. Stella Volpe, Drexel University - Prevention of Weight Gain in a Large Portion Society
- Dr. Samuel Headley, Springfield College - Exercise & Chronic Kidney Disease and
- Mr. David Epstein, Sports Illustrated - Missing the Phenotypes for the Genotypes
For more information, contact Lara Carlson, PhD, CSCS, FACSM at firstname.lastname@example.org.