Free Advocacy Training
Date:Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 11:00am to 2:00pmLocation:UMass Amherst, Campus Center, 10th Floor, Hadley Room
MPHA is partnering with the Alliance of Massachusetts YMCAs and several other allies to offer six regional advocacy trainings to help concerned residents learn how to motivate elected officials to pass policies to increase access to healthy food...
Alternative Healing Workshop
Date:Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 5:30pm to 6:30pmLocation:UMass Amherst, Campus Center, Room 803
Experience the benefits of healing touch for health. You will learn a sequence of breathing, stretching, and massage techniques that help ease stress, anxiety, and pain.
13th Annual International Conference on Dose Response
Date:Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 8:00am to Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 3:00pmLocation:UMass Amherst, Amherst, MA
The 2014 Dose-Response, Preconditioning: Adaptive Responses in Biology and Medicine will explore the rapidly emerging area of Preconditioning, its biomedical implications, its dose response features and its underlying mechanisms. Speakers at...
26th Annual Virginia A. Beal Lecture and Dinner
Date:Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 4:30pm to 8:30pmLocation:Cape Cod Lounge, Student Union
The Department of Nutrition will host the 26th Annual Virginia A. Beal Lecture and Dinner on Tuesday, April 22, 2014 in the Cape Cod Lounge of the Student Union.
Program Title: From Neighborhood to Nation: Changing Policies to Improve...
UMass Amherst Earth Day Keynote Address: Dr. Robert Bullard, Father of Environmental Justice
Date:Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 7:00pm to 9:30pmLocation:UMass Amherst, Mahar Auditorium
Join the UMass Amherst Community as we celebrate the 44th Earth Day. This year's Earth Day theme at...
- Department of Kinesiology Graduate SeminarDate:Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 1:10pm to 2:15pmLocation:Totman Building, 30 Eastman Lane, Room 153
Sangsoo Park, M.S., Department of Kinesiology at the University of Massachusetts Amherst will present a seminar titled "Muscle Synergies in Learning."
Refreshments are at 1:10 p.m., the seminar begins at 1:25 p.m.
- Bio-Epi SeminarDate:Friday, April 25, 2014 - 12:15pm to 1:15pmLocation:UMass Amherst, Arnold House, Room 120
Marquis Hawkins, Ph.D., will make a presentation as part of the Bio-Epi Seminar Series. Hawkins is a postdoctoral researcher at the UMass Amherst School of Public Health and Health Sciences (SPHHS).
- Department of Kinesiology Graduate SeminarDate:Monday, April 28, 2014 - 1:10pm to 2:15pmLocation:Totman Building, 30 Eastman Lane, Room 153
Philip Troped, Ph.D., Associate Professor in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences at the University of Massachusetts Boston will present a seminar titled "Built Environment Correlates of Physical Activity in Older U.S. Women...
- Public Health Informatics ConferenceDate:Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 7:00am to Thursday, May 1, 2014 - 12:00pmLocation:Westin Peachtree Plaza Hotel, 210 Peachtree St. Atlanta, GA 30303
Since 2003, the Public Health Informatics Conference (formerly known as the PHIN Conference) has been an important venue to convene all levels of governmental public health providers (local, state, federal, and international), researchers,...
- UMass Amherst Founder's DayDate:Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 9:00amLocation:UMass Amherst, Amherst, MA
April 29 is Founders Day, the 150th anniversary of the founding of Massachusetts Agricultural College -...
- Department of Kinesiology Graduate Seminar