Knee Osteoarthritis Study
Researchers at the University of Massachusetts- Amherst are studying how knee osteoarthritis changes the way you walk. Participate in the study to learn about biomechanical analysis of walking and get free exercise! Individuals will receive $50 for participating.
Prospective participants must meet the following criteria:
· Age 50-75
· Be in good general health
· Able to walk without assistive devices
· Able to walk on a treadmill for 20 minutes
· Have osteoarthritis in at least one knee
· Have no recent surgeries or changes to osteoarthritis treatment
Participants will be asked to complete one 4 hour visit during which we will collect data on the way you walk while you walk over ground and on a treadmill. Total walking time will be approximately 60 minutes, rest breaks included through-out visit. You will also be asked to complete questionnaires about your health and knee pain.
If interested, please contact the Boyer Biomechanics lab at email@example.com or by calling 269-588-0226