May 14 - June 4: $30
June 5 - June 25: $25
June 26- July 9: $20
July 10 - July 23: $15
July 24 - Aug 6: $10
Aug 7 - Aug 16: $5
Body Shop Fitness Center
What is the Body Shop?
The Department of Kinesiology at the University of Massachusetts Amherst operates the Body Shop Fitness Center in the Totman building. This fitness center serves as a teaching lab and a gym. The Body Shop provides students a chance to have hands on experience with clients and to interact with the Amherst community. Our goal is for the students to apply their knowledge from classes and previous experiences and share it within the Body Shop community. Additionally, the Body Shop is used to conduct a variety of research projects and used for kinesiology courses as well.
The Body Shop is open according to the UMass Amherst academic calendar. Any changes to this will be announced on the Body Shop Blog or on voicemail at 413-577-4700.
New for 2012
TRX training, strength coaching, and exercise technique clinics.
- Provide relevant learning opportunities and hands-on experience in various facets of fitness center operation for undergraduate students in the Kinesiology Department
- Provide accurate and up-to-date information on health and wellness issues
- Create opportunities for Body Shop members as well as members of the campus community to develop skills to improve and maintain health
- Opportunity for personal training and workout plans
- Facility Orientations
- Free Health/Fitness Assessments, including:
- Blood Pressure
- Body Composition
- Aerobic Fitness
- Muscular Strength
- Muscular Endurance
The Body Shop Fitness Center provides research, education, and community outreach to the University of Massachusetts Amherst community through the knowledge of kinesiology students.
Please refer to our blog for announcements, or please call 413-577-4700 with any questions.
Like our Facebook page!