4+1 Bachelor of Science (B.S.)/Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) Degree Program
The Public Health Sciences degree program offers a 4+1 Bachelor of Science/Master of Public Health (B.S./M.P.H.) degree program with a concentration in Health Policy and Management to eligible undergraduates. The program is rigorous and demanding and is designed to offer high achieving undergraduate students a quick path to a terminal graduate degree. Students graduating from the program will have both a B.S. and an M.P.H. degree, for a total of 162 credits.
• Students interested in the 4+1 apply at the end of their second year of undergraduate study (63-credit minimum).
• Students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
• Students are required to take 18 credits in both their junior and senior years; this includes 2 graduate courses for each semester of senior year.
• Summer after graduation includes completion of the required M.P.H. practicum and a graduate elective course.
• Students are required to have 9 credits of a public health internship. This should, ideally, be completed in the junior year.
• Application to the 4+1 program does not entitle student to enter the M.P.H. program directly. As a senior, students will still have to apply formally to the Graduate School, take the GRE test, and comply with all application requirements as usual.
• NOTE: Regular tuition does not cover summer requirements.