Dean’s Research Enhancement Opportunity
Faculty in the School of Public Health and Health Sciences may apply to the Dean’s office for funding to enhance an existing or new research program. These funds (up to $10,000 per faculty member) are being made available to support the faculty member’s research program and can include funds for equipment, student research assistants or technical grant writing needs. Awardees will be required to keep an itemized budget with the SPHHS Business Manager at all times until all funds have been expended. At the end of the award period, the faculty member should prepare a 1 page white paper detailing how the funds were used and what was accomplished. Up to 10 Research Enhancement Opportunities will be awarded per year.
To apply for funds a faculty member must submit the following:
- A brief concept paper describing the research area to be supported, and the faculty member’s accomplishments, thus far, in that area.
- A current CV containing publications in the area of research (indicating level of expertise).
- An itemized budget, timeline and scope of work for the funds. Budgets will be reviewed for appropriateness.
- If the faculty is responding to a specific RFP, a copy of it along with due dates should be provided.
- Letters of recommendation from a mentor and/or Department Chair are encouraged but not mandatory.
All materials should be submitted to the Dean’s office by February 22, 2013. All award decisions are made by the Dean or a Dean’s committee. Funds will be available for the semester following the award unless extenuating circumstances require funds more quickly.
Faculty members are eligible to receive only one enhancement opportunity.