Dean’s Research Enhancement Opportunity
Faculty in the School of Public Health and Health Sciences may apply to the Dean’s office for funding to enhance an existing or new research program. These funds (up to $5,000 per faculty member) are being made available to support the faculty member’s research program and can include funds for equipment, student research assistants or technical grant writing needs. Awardees will be required to keep an itemized budget with the SPHHS Business Manager at all times until all funds have been expended. At the end of the award period, the faculty member is required to prepare a one page white paper detailing how the funds were used and what was accomplished. Up to five Research Enhancement Opportunities will be awarded per year.
To apply for funds a faculty member must submit the following:
- A brief concept paper explaining the research area and the faculty’s accomplishments thus far.
- A current CV containing publications in the area of research (indicating level of expertise)
- An itemized budget, timeline and scope of work for the funds. Budgets will be reviewed for appropriateness
- If the faculty is requesting funds to be better prepared to respond to a specific RFP, a copy of the RFP and its due date should be provided.
- Letters of recommendation from mentors and/or Department Chair are encouraged but not mandatory.
All materials should be submitted to the Dean’s office by December 1, 2013. All award decisions are made by the Dean or a Dean’s committee. Funds will be available for the semester following the award.
Faculty members are eligible to receive only one enhancement opportunity.