The Annual Massachusetts Urban Farming Conference (UFC), in partnership with the Massachusetts Department of Agriculture, is designed to advance the opportunities and address the barriers involved in cultivating a resilient and thriving Urban Farming sector. The UFC is a multi-sector stakeholder forum designed to share information regarding what is currently happening in Massachusetts. The UFC fosters solutions, sustainable networks and business relationships.
The conference brings together participants representing all aspects of Urban Farming including, but not limited to, farmers (including roof top, chicken, bees, etc.), land trust managers, policy makers, commercial buyers, foundations, investors and all others.
The 4th Annual Massachusetts UFC is comprised of interactive panels, demonstration workshops, expert discussions on diverse and relevant topics with distinguished Conversation Leaders and a networking reception.
The following panels and discussions will be held:
- Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Youth Development
- Urban Food Production and Addressing Climate Change
- Greenhouse Design and Management
- Growing for Restaurants & Corner Stores: Systems and Strategies
- Cultural Crops: Production, Markets and Profits
- Aquaponics Workshop
- Farm Planning: What You Need to Know Before You Quit Your Job
- Business Planning for Your Urban Agriculture Business
- Soil Health: Testing and Interpretation Relevant to Urban Soils
- Crop Planning: High Value Crops, Meeting Health and Nutritional Needs
- Irrigation and Water Management
- Land Tenure: Land Trusts and Ground Leases
- Discussion on Social Justice, Economics, Food Sovereignty and Race
Learn more about the conference here.