Job Description: The Graduate Assistant will work closely with the Chief Undergraduate Advisor (CUA) in providing a successful academic advising program for Public Health Sciences (PHS). The Assistant will provide guidance to students in the Public Health Sciences major through advising and problem-solving to respond to student needs.
- Advise students regarding Department and University academic regulations, requirements, andguidelines. Refers problems and questions to the CUA.
- Provide advising to Public Health Sciences majors regarding: course selection, opportunities,resources, events, certificates and minors.
- Maintain records of confidential advising sessions regarding academic progress to ensureadvising continuity and to facilitate graduation clearance.
- Respond to inquiries from students regarding college requirements and exceptions.
- Represent PHS at events, including the major fair, open houses, and orientation.
- Meet regularly with supervisor.
- Knowledge of the Public Health Sciences field.
- Knowledge of University academic policies and regulations preferred.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong computer skills; familiarity with SPIRE preferred.
- High level of initiative, creativity, motivation, and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to manage multiple, complex tasks within short timeframes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work during evenings and weekends.
Application Deadline: Submit resume and cover letter to Brigid Williams by Sunday, December 16th, 2018.
Supervision: Brigid Williams, Chief Undergraduate Advisor for Public Health Sciences
Date of Appointment: 1/22/19 to 5/25/19
Hours/Wk: 10 hours
Continuation of position beyond May 25th, 2018 is contingent on satisfactory academic progress and satisfactory job performance.