Bio-Epi TA/RA Positions (Fall 2013)
Teaching Assistant and Research Assistant positions in Biostatistics and Epidemiology are available for the Fall 2013 semester. Please see the attached Fall 2013 Bio-Epi TA and RA Listings for more information.
Please email your completed graduate assistantship application form, available in the Downloads section of this page, to Gloria Seaman by Tuesday, June 18th.
Research Assistant Position (2 Positions, Summer 2013)
Summer 2013 – 10 hours per week/14 weeks
The Massachusetts Gaming Commission (MGC) has selected a School of Public Health and Health Sciences (SPHHS) research team to perform a comprehensive research project on the economic and social impacts of introducing casino gambling in Massachusetts.
Research Assistant to work on a research project in the area of the social and economic impact of gambling in MA.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform bibliographic reviews
- Assist in data collection from secondary databases
- Assist in data collection from various study sites
- Process data collected from multiple sources
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of datasets
- Other duties as deemed necessary
- Doctoral student in Public Health
- Proficiency with STATA
- Previous experience on research studies, data management, and evaluation
- Previous relevant research experience, preferably in a health care economics and policy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytic skills
- Professional interest in health policy, public policy, public health, and/or health economics
- Maintain a valid driver's license, dependable transportation, and be willing to travel to various study sites