Many students in Spanish and Portuguese study abroad, either individually or in exchange programs sponsored by the University and by our program. These programs in Europe and Latin America offer especially rewarding opportunities. All students must make sure that the appropriate advisor approves courses in advance in order to transfer all the credits when they are back on campus.
When you decide to study abroad, you have many options. Why should you choose one of these programs?
Here are a few reasons why!
You have options to choose from and all option are supervised by UMass Amherst Faculty/Staff.
- Granada, Spain -The EEC Granada Intensive Language Program offered both Fall and Spring semesters
- Oviedo, Spain -The University of Oviedo: Spring Semester Oviedo, Spain
- San Sebastián-Spain (USAC): Fall, Spring and yearlong programs
- Salamanca, Spain - The Salamanca Summer Program, coming 2018 for an application please click here
- Buenos Aires-Argentina (Universidad De Belgrano) Spring and yearlong programs
- Lisbon - Portugal (4 universities): fall, spring and summer programs
- Rio de Janeiro - Brazil (PUC-Rio): fall, spring and summer programs
If you choose one of these programs, you know how the courses you take abroad are going to transfer before you leave: so there are no unpleasant surprises when you return.
While there are limits to the number of credits that you can transfer towards your minor and major in Spanish at UMass Amherst (in regards to courses you take through other study abroad programs), there is no such a limit for transferring courses you take abroad through these programs.
Your financial aid is available to study abroad.
We strive to make the study abroad experience available to all students.
Do you need help deciding where to study abroad? Contact the Study Abroad Director, Professor David Rodriguez-Solas, at email@example.com
Need Major/Minor advising? Please visit our advising page or call 413 545 2887 for immediate assistance.