Every year the Catalan Studies program schedules numerous activities related to Catalan culture and language open to everyone who may be interested, among which it is worth highlighting the weekly Catalan conversation meetings Fem un cafè? (see meeting times and more info on our Facebook page), the Catalan Film Festival and the Catalan Week.
Grants for Catalan courses
Throughout the year, courses are held on Catalan language and culture at different
universities and institutions in towns within the language domain of Catalan, so that
students studying Catalan outside the language domain can improve their knowledge of
the language and take part in a wide range of cultural activities.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the call for grant applications announced?
The call for grant applications is published in the Official Gazette
of the Catalan government (Diari Oficial de la Generalitat de Catalunya or
DOGC in Catalan) towards the beginning of March, and is also published on
the Institut Ramon Llull (IRL) website, www.llull.cat.
- Do I have to be enrolled at any centre or school and be a Catalan student to opt for a grant? No, but
the fact that an applicant is or has been enrolled on a Catalan course, either
class-based or distance learning, at universities or centers outside the Catalan
linguistic domain, will act in their favor when the applications are evaluated.
- How can I know whether I have been awarded a grant?
When the IRL awards a grant, the applicant is notified by registered post at his or her home address.
- When can students enroll on a Catalan language course?
Throughout the year, various academic organizations and
institutions offer language courses within the Catalan linguistic domain, including:
- Consorci per a la Normalització Lingüística de la Generalitat de Catalunya
- Consorci per al Foment de la Llengua Catalana del Govern de les Illes Balears
- Centres de Formació de Persones Adultes de la Generalitat Valenciana
- EOI Barcelona-Drassanes
- Universities within the Catalan linguistic domain
Last announcement (2011):
Language stages in Catalonia
- Campus universitari de la llengua catalana br>
The IRL organizes jointly with the Government of Andorra the
university campus of the Catalan language which takes place
every year from late July to mid August. The Institute offers
10 free registrations for students who wish to participate in the campus.
Application period starts in March.
- Jornades internacionals de llengua i cultura catalanes br>
The town of Gironella (El Berguedà) and Masdenverge (El Montsià)
organize with the collaboration of the IRL the international meeting of
the Catalan language and culture, held from mid August to early September.
Application period starts in April.
For further information: www.llull.cat