- Study Abroad
- Rivas Tutoring Center
- Related Programs
STUDENTS ARE ADVISED TO FILL A "INTENTION TO DECLARE A MINOR" FORM AND TURN IT IN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE IN THEIR CAREER.
Requirements for the Portuguese Minor
(15 CREDITS) At least 6 of the 15 credits must be taken within the department, and a grade of C or better must be earned in every course.
I. Pre-Minor Preparation (6 credits)
- PORT 230 Intermediate Portuguese I
- PORT 240 Intermediate Portuguese II
The advisor may waive the above requirements in the case of native speakers, but all students must take 15 credits in order to receive the Minor in Portuguese.
II. Minor Core (6 credits)
Choose two of the following courses:
- PORT 301 Conversational Portuguese
- PORT 320 Introduction to Portuguese Literature I
- PORT 321 Introduction to Portuguese Literature II
- PORT 322 Introduction to Brazilian Literature
III. Upper-Level Course (3 credits)
One upper level elective, above PORT 322, chosen with the adviser's approval.