I'm a fifth year doctoral candidate in residence. My areas of specialization are political and economic sociology, education policy, race, gender, retail labor, qualitative methods, and teaching.
|2014||M.A.||Sociology||University of Massachusetts–Amherst|
|North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC|
Walters, Kyla and Joya Misra. 2013. "Bringing Collaborative Teaching into Doctoral Programs: Faculty and Graduate Student Co-teaching as Experiential Training." The American Sociologist 44(3):292-301.
- SOCIOL 391C - Consumption & Inequality
Instructor, UMass Amherst, Fall 2014
- SOCIOL 224 - Social Class & Inequality
Instructor, UMass Amherst, Spring 2014
- SOCIOL 103 - Social Problems (online)
Instructor, UMass Amherst, Winter 2014
- SOCIOL 106 - Race, Gender, Class & Ethnicity
Instructor, UMass Amherst, Fall 2013
- SOCIOL 340 - Race Relations
Instructor, UMass Amherst, Fall 2012 & Spring 2013
- Honors Seminar: Consumption & Inequality
Co-Instructor, UMass Amherst, Spring 2012