Jennifer Hickes Lundquist
Education and Interests
Ph.D., Pennsylvania, 2004
Social stratification, race and ethnicity, gender, family, health disparities, military
- Joya Misra, Jennifer Lundquist and Abby Templer (graduate student). 2012. “Work-Time, Housework, Carework, and Work-Life Balance: An Assessment of Faculty at the University of Massachusetts.” Forthcoming 2012 at Sociological Forum.
- Burland, Daniel (graduate student) and Jennifer Hickes Lundquist. 2011. “Evidence for the ‘Two Armies’ Hypothesis? Data from the 1999 Survey of Active Duty Personnel.” Journal of Armed Forces and Society.
- Lundquist, Jennifer Hickes, Michelle J. Budig and Anna Curtis (graduate student). 2009. “Race and Childlessness in America: Similarities in Trends and Pathways to Childlessness among Black and White Women, 1988-2002” Journal of Marriage and the Family. 71:(3) 741-55. (Interviewed about article on National Public Radio (NPR 88.5)
- Lundquist, Jennifer Hickes. “Reevaluating Ethnic and Gender Satisfaction Differences: The Effect of a Meritocratic Institution” at American Sociological Review 73 (3): 2008. (premiered on the front ASA webpage and covered in Newseek and the Standford Social Innovation Review)
- Lundquist, Jennifer Hickes. 2007. “A Comparison of Societal Divorce Rates to those of Enlisted Families” Journal of Political and Military Sociology 35 (2): 2007.
- Lundquist, Jennifer Hickes. 2006. “The Black-White Gap in Marital Dissolution Among Young Adults: What Can A Counterfactual Scenario Tell Us?&rdquot; Social Problems 53 (3): 421-41.
- Lundquist, Jennifer Hickes and Herbert Smith. 2005. “Family Formation in the U.S. Military: Evidence from the NLSY” Journal of Marriage and the Family 67: 1-13.
- Lundquist, Jennifer Hickes and Douglas Massey. 2005. “Politics or Economics? International Migration during the Nicaraguan Contra War” Journal of Latin American Studies 37: 1-25.
- Lundquist, Jennifer Hickes. 2004. “When Race Makes No Difference: Marriage and the Military” Social Forces 83 (2): 1-28.
- Yaukey, David, Douglas L. Anderton, and Jennifer Hickes Lundquist. Demography: The Study of Human Population 3rd Edition. Waveland Press, Chicago: IL, forthcoming 2006 (3rd Printing).
- Gager, Constance, Jacqueline C. Pflieger and Jennifer Hickes Lundquist. Forthcoming. “To Work or Not to Work? The Role of Poverty, Race/Ethnicity, and Regional Location in Youth Employment” in Children and Poverty Today, D. Maume & B. Arrighi eds., Praeger Press 2007.
- Lundquist, Jennifer Hickes. Single by Chance, Mothers by Choice, Oxford International Press (2006) by Rosanna Hertz, forthcoming in October issue of Contexts.