Education and Interests
(Ph.D., Michigan 1999)
Time use, Climate change, Gender, and Family.
- In press Sanjiv Gupta, Liana C. Sayer, and Philip N. Cohen. “Earnings and the stratification of unpaid time among U.S. women.” Social Indicators Research.
- Sanjiv Gupta and Michael Ash. “Whose money, whose Time? A non-parametric approach to modeling housework.” Feminist Economics, v 14: pp. 93-120. 2008.
- Sanjiv Gupta. “Autonomy, dependence, or display? The relationship between married women’s earnings and housework.” Journal of Marriage and the Family, v. 69: pp. 399-417. 2007.
- Sanjiv Gupta. “Her money, her time: women’s earnings and their housework hours.” Social Science Research, v. 35: pp. 975-999. 2006. Read more;
- Sanjiv Gupta. “The consequences of maternal employment during men’s childhood for their adult housework performance.” Gender and Society, v. 20: pp. 60-86. 2006.
- 2006 “Absolute earnings, relative earnings, and women’s housework.” Presented at the annual meeting of the Population Association of America, Los Angeles.
- 2005 “Housework, income, and nation: a comparative investigation of the effects of women’s and men’s incomes on housework hours.” Presented at the annual meeting of the American Sociological Association, Philadelphia.
Grants & Proposals
- " Women’s earnings and the risk of divorce, 1968-2003.” Proposal for the R03 program under review, National Institute of Child and Human Development (NICHD).
- FRG. Love and Marriage in Contemporary Urban India.