Chair: Annette Vadnais (email@example.com)
The Student Affairs and University Life Council will meet on the following dates during the 2019-2020 academic year:
March 3 (Room change to Whitmore 370)
All meetings will be from 1-2 p.m. and take place in Whitmore Room 358.
The Student Affairs and University Life Council shall:
A. Provide advice to the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Campus Life and other members of the administration on matters described in paragraph (c);
B. Make recommendations to the Faculty Senate regarding policies in those areas that appropriately call for faculty review; and
C. Review, at its discretion, all policies concerning non-academic student activities and university life not within the purview of other Faculty Senate Councils and Committees, including, but not limited to: (i) residence hall policies; (ii) disciplinary policies; (iii) placement and recruitment policies; (iv) legal rights of members of the University community; and (v) matters relating to picketing and free speech.
Its membership shall be:
From Chapter 5 Section 18 of the Faculty Senate Bylaws.
- Ten Faculty Members selected at large and one Librarian;
- The Provost or a designee, serving ex officio;
- The Executive Vice Chancellor for University Relations, serving ex officio;
- The Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Campus Life or a designee, serving ex officio;
- The Secretary of the Faculty Senate or a designee, serving ex officio, non-voting;
- One Graduate Student; and
- Five Undergraduate Students.