The University Press Committee shall:
- Control the imprint of the Press and approve all of its publications;
- Recommend policies concerning the administration and operation of the Press; and
- Recommend policies concerning the funding of Press activities.
Its membership shall be:
- Eleven Faculty Members or Librarians from the Amherst campus, selected at large;
- One Full-Time Faculty Member from the Boston campus, chosen by the Provost;
- The Provost or a designee, serving ex officio;
- The Vice Chancellor for Research and Engagement or a designee, serving ex officio;
- The Director of the Press, serving ex officio; and
- The Secretary of the Faculty Senate or a designee, serving ex officio, non-voting.
From Chapter 6 Section 4 of the Faculty Senate Bylaws.