Ad Hoc Committee on Health Insurance for International Students
Chair: Elizabeth Brabec
To review the Massachusetts law that mandates student participation in SHP; to determine what waivers are now permitted under the law; to examine campus policy regarding waivers for international students, specifically for exchange and sponsored students; to consider changes in campus policy; and to issue recommendations to the Faculty Senate.
1. Three Members of the Faculty, at large;
2. The Vice Provost and Director of the International Programs Office or a designee;
3. The Chair of the International Studies Council or a designee;
4. The Provost or a designee, serving ex officio;
5. The Secretary of the Faculty Senate or a designee;
6. One Staff Member from the International Programs Office;
7. The Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Campus Life or a designee;
8. The President of the Graduate Student Senate or a designee; and
9. The President of the Student Government Association or a designee.
The Committee will elect a Chair from among its members.
From the Special Report of the International Studies Council concerning the Establishment of an Ad Hoc Committee on Health Insurance for International Students, Sen. Doc. No. 10-049A