- Become familiar with the College of of Social and Behavioral Sciences. Take the time to browse the website and the calendar, take advantage of the SBS Advising Center, get to know your professors by visiting them during their office hours.
- Become fully acquainted with your responsibilities as a member of this community by reviewing the code of student conduct .
- Set up your voicemail .
- Be sure your mailing address is correct on SPIRE and remember to check your e-mail . You can also forward your UMail to an email of your preference at that site. Be sure to do that because some very important communiqués from around campus go ONLY to UMail.
- Become familiar with University support services and resources .
- Get Involved! Consider all the possibilities. Check out all the clubs and organizations available on campus. Consider volunteering in the college or in the community. Look into intramural sports .
- Attend your classes and develop good study habits. Form a study group to help you through the tough times.
- Learn about internships and co-op opportunities available through Career Services .
- Check out study abroad , domestic exchange , and Five College Interchange opportunities.
- Keep some balance in your life—be sure to have fun.
- Get in the habit of going to SPIRE on a regular basis, especially to check your schedule.
- Get ready for next semester. Meet with your academic advisor during counseling week.