SAGA Communications, Inc. provides a scholarship of up to $4,500 to support one student who will serve as an intern with the Northampton Radio Group in Northampton, MA. This is a full-time (40 hour per week) position for ten weeks during the summer of 2015. Students can apply for the internship and the scholarship award through this application.
The Northampton Radio Group consists of three radio stations (WRSI The River, WHMP, & Hits 94.3).
- Prospect for potential advertisers by reviewing competitive media and other sources
- Observe and take part in appointment setting process
- Access customer needs through client interviews
- Develop and present marketing solutions to perspective advertisers
- Help develop commercial campaigns for perspective and current advertisers
- Aid in billing and collections procedure
- Interact with listeners in person at station promotions.
- Help enhance visibility and brand of stations through web site and social media.
- Observe and take part in audio production
Selection: Selection for the internship and the scholarship award is based on strength of completed application, academic merit and financial need.
Deadline to apply: Wednesday, April 1, 2015
The recipients of this award will be expected to:
- Write a thank-you letter to the donors of the Northampton Radio Group Internship Award
- Attend the scholarship reception on Sunday, May 3, 2015.
Contact: Susan McDonough , Associate Director of External Affairs for Donor Relations
College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
235 Draper Hall
40 Campus Center Way
Amherst, MA 01003-9244