Apply to be a Tutor
Qualifications to be a tutor:
- You must be a UMass student
- A “B” or above in subject area classes is required
- Knowledge of subject matter and ability to effectively explain concepts
- Must be responsible and professional
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience as a tutor, teacher, educator or interest in pursuing a career in education is preferred, but not required
- Tutors are paid $10.00/hour
- Tutors may work with a group of 2 or more students.
Please note: Due to the supply and demand nature of our program, Academic Support Services cannot guarantee a minimum number of hours to any tutor.
To apply to be a tutor:
Please download the pdf form below; fill it out and return it to the Tutoring Coordinator in 251 Boyden.
Questions? Call 413-545-4379.