Apply to be an EA
How to Apply to Become an Educational Assistant
Because Educational Assistants are the highest level of academic peer support given to student-athletes by Academic Support Services, applicants must meet high academic standards and be able to interact extremely well on the interpersonal level. The minimum requirements to be an EA are:
- You must be a UMass student (undergraduate or graduate)
- A 3.0 or higher GPA is required
- Knowledge of basic skills that are applicable to all subject areas i.e. organization, planning, studying, test-taking, essay composition, etc.
- Must be responsible and professional
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
In addition, experience as a tutor, teacher, educator or interest in pursuing a career in education is highly preferred. Status as a junior, senior, or graduate student is also preferred.
If you meet the minimum requirements to be an EA for Academic Support Services and would like to apply to the position, please print out the attached form, complete it, and bring it and the names and contact information of two references to the front desk of Boyden Gymnasium room 251, care of the Learning Specialist. Please be sure that you include the email address that you check most frequently.
If your minimum requirements are verified, you will be contacted via email to come in for a personal interview with the Learning Specialist. This interview will determine whether or not you are hired for an Educational Assistant position.