The University of Massachusetts Athletic Department is committed to the academic progress and achievement of its student-athletes. This commitment is reflected in the comprehensive program developed and implemented by the Office of Academic Support Services, which provides student-athletes the support needed to maximize their educational experience while earning a degree. In pursuit of this goal, Academic Support Services offers tutoring and educational assistance to student-athletes who need and/or request support in a specific academic area.
- Login to GradesFirst and click on "Request a Tutor" next to the course you would like to be tutored in.
- Within 48 hours, you will be assigned a weekly appointment.
- From then on, attend your session at the regularly scheduled time.
Missed Appointment Policy
Once a session is set up for you, you should treat it like any other professional appointment. If you need to cancel or change your appointment, you must contact your tutor and your counselor at least 24-hours ahead of time. If you do not cancel at least 24-hours ahead of time, or if you are more than 10 minutes late, this will be considered a missed appointment.
- First miss: Tutoring is put on hold until the student-athlete contacts his/her counselor to discuss the reason for missing.
- Second miss: Tutoring is put on hold and student-athlete must meet with the Associate AD for Academic Support Services to receive a warning.
- Third miss: Student-athlete will be charged for all three missed appointments as well as any future missed appointments and tutoring may be revoked.