The Center for Nutrition in Sport and Human Performance is a collaborative effort of the Athletic Department and the Nutrition and Excercise Science Department. The Center's ability to interact with coaches, trainers, team physicians, faculty, researchers and the athletic administration regarding nutritional issues has a major impact on sports performance and injury prevention in student-athletes on campus. CNSHP assists in the establishment of sound nutritional practices that will ensure health and safety while promoting optimal sports performance through:
- Educational counseling for student-athletes focusing on peak performance through good nutrition;
- An initial nutrition evaluation and diet analysis with one of our Sports Nutritionists at the start of your UMass career;
- Assistance in planning meals on-campus and on the road, along with supermarket trips and cooking tips for off-campus students;
- Educational materials (such as bulletin-boards and individual handouts) on relevant sports nutrition topics;
- A Sports Nutrition Newsletter produced three times per year that provides information about healthy eating on the road, quick nutritional tips for optimal athletic performance, information on fad diets and other timely topics.
Furthermore, our Sports Nutritionists work closely with Dining Services and Catering Services to assure appropriate meals for student-athletes.
To meet with a Sports Nutritionist, please come to 254 Boyden or call 577-0318.