Study Hall Information
Academic Enhancement Center - Room 260
Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday 9am-10pm
Required Study Hall Hours
Freshmen who do not meet minimum academic criteria must attend study hall weekly (individual team requirements may vary). Academic counselors and coaches will evaluate academic performance after the first semester to determine who will continue to be a part of the study hall program.
If you are required to attend study hall:
- Study hall hours should be completed between 9:00 a.m. and 6 p.m. (5 p.m. on Friday) during the week and between 4:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. on Sunday. They are tabulated on a Sunday through Friday schedule.
- You must receive permission from your academic counselor to complete study hall hours after 6 p.m. from Monday through Thursday. You may not exceed three hours on any day.
- Tutoring hours will count toward your requirement.
- It is your responsibility to make sure you are signed in and signed out properly each day. If the AEC monitor marks down that you are absent while you are still signed in, your accumulated time for that session will be deleted. The best way to avoid this is to sign out EVERY TIME you leave the room, even if it is just to go to the bathroom.
Rules of Conduct
The following things are strictly prohibited in the Academic Enhancement Center:
- Talking or disrupting other students. This is a quiet area.
- Entry without a UCard. You must have your UCard and sign in each time you enter.
- Food, drink, candy or gum. Water is ok.
- Tobacco products.
- Music that can be heard by others. Headphones may be used.
- Taking part in non-academic activities: sleeping, reading the Collegian, etc.
- Using the computers for non-academic purposes: Facebook, Twitter, IM, etc.
- Cell phone use, including texting.
- Being absent while signed in.
- Disrespecting the AEC monitor.
Saving Files and Printing Documents
- When using the computer lab, follow the instructions provided in the lab to save your work on your UDrive. You may also bring your own USB drive if you prefer.
- You will be allotted 250 pages of free printing in the computer lab per semester. This is in addition to the 100 pages that all students on campus receive. After you use 350 pages, you will be charged 5 cents per page.
Infractions against any of the above rules will result in the following:
- First Infraction: Student will be given a warning by the monitor and the student’s counselor may be notified.
- Second Infraction: Student will be asked to leave and time will be forfeited. The student must meet with the Associate AD for Academic Support Services to discuss infraction and cannot return to study hall until doing so. The student’s counselor and coach will also be notified.
- Third Infraction: The Associate AD for Academic Support Services reserves the right to revoke the privilege of using the Academic Enhancement Center.