New Worlds of Adoption Conference: Linking Research with Practice
April 7, 2010
Richard P. Barth, Ph.D. Dean, School of Social Work, University of Maryland and Donaldson Adoption Institute Senior Research Fellow
Speakers - Donaldson Adoption Institute Senior Research Fellows and Senior Staff:
* David Brodzinsky - "Preparing, Educating, and Supporting Adoptive Parents: What Do We Know and What Do We Need to Know?"
* Devon Brooks
* Harold Grotevant
* Jeanne Howard - Putting the Pieces Together: Healing Through Lifebook Work
* Dana Johnson - "Disclosing the Secrets of my Crystal Ball: Predicting the Future for an Adopted Child"
* Ruth McRoy - "Openness in Infant and Older Child Adoption: Translating Research Findings into Practice"
* Adam Pertman - "Beyond Culture Camp"
* Ellen Pinderhughes - Ethnic-Racial Socialization in International Transracial Adoptive Families: The Many Facets and Complexities
Poster session: 17 posters highlighting current research and innovative programs
* University of Massachusetts Amherst
* Rudd Adoption Research Program
* Center for Research on Families
* Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences
* College of Natural Sciences
* College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
* Donaldson Adoption Institute
* University of Maryland School of Social Work
* Boston College School of Social Work
All attendees received a CD-ROM containing speakers' powerpoint slides and poster session summaries. A limited number of copies remain available. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries