ARRANGEMENTS FOR RETIRED FACULTY AND LIBRARIANS
1. An annual gathering will be arranged to provide an opportunity for the Chancellor or the Provost to meet with retirees to get their counsel and to discuss University affairs in general.
2. Permanent University identification cards for retired faculty and librarians may be obtained from the UCard Office in Franklin Dining Hall.
3. The names, addresses, and telephone numbers of retired faculty and librarians will be included in the Campus Telephone Directory if they so wish.
4. Library borrowing privileges are accorded retired faculty and librarians upon presentation of a University photographic identification card (see #2 above). Those who do not secure a University ID card may be issued a Library borrower's card upon presentation of current photographic identification. The borrower's card must be presented with photographic identification for each use.
5. Computing Center privileges will continue, with the same limits and restrictions which apply to all faculty and librarians.
6. It is expected that faculty members will vacate departmental space upon retirement. Exceptions must be proposed in writing by the Dean to the Provost.
7. University Club membership may be secured in one of two ways:
• Members of the Club who retire in "good standing" may become honorary members by vote of the Governing Board. Honorary members are entitled to all the privileges of membership except a discount on purchases. There are no dues involved.
• Any retired faculty member or librarian may join as a "retired member" at half dues. Retired members are entitled to all membership privileges including a 15% discount on purchases.
8. The following policies apply to parking for retired faculty and librarians:
• All retired faculty and staff are eligible for twenty (20) one day parking permits at no charge. These permits may be issued for your last annual lot, the Upper Parking Garage, or other lots based on availability. To order these permits, please complete the appropriate form available from Parking Services.
• Retired faculty and staff may purchase additional one day permits at the following rates, in books of twenty (20):
20 Upper Garage permits $65
20 Red Lot permits $65
20 Blue Lot permits $35
20 Green Lot permits $35
20 Yellow Lot permits $25
• Retired faculty and staff may purchase annual permits for
a one year period at the following rates:
Upper Garage $127 / year
Red Lot $115 / year
Blue Lot $85 / year
Green Lot $75 / year
Yellow Lot $56 / year
• Please contact Parking Services at (413)545 – 0065 with any questions.
9. The News Office maintains a list of individuals on the campus by area of expertise. This list is consulted when media representatives and others are seeking expert commentary or advice. Retired faculty and librarians who so wish may be included in this listing.
10. A 10% discount is available on Fine Arts Center events.
11. Athletic facilities are available to retired faculty and librarians at the current faculty rate. Information and schedules are available in room 215 of the Boyden Building.
12. Season tickets for football, basketball, and ice hockey games are available at a 10% discount. (This discount is not granted for individual events.)
13. Retired employees may retain their health insurance plans at the same cost as active employees. There is an opportunity to change health plans during the annual spring open enrollment period.
14. If there is sufficient interest, workshops, seminars, and publications may be arranged to provide information on insurance, Medicare, financial planning, the preparation of wills, the social and psychological aspects of retirement, etc.
15. An independent Retired Faculty Association, established and operated by its members, holds regular meetings, publishes newsletters, and arranges for speakers. Information on membership may be obtained by calling the Provost's Office at (413)545-2554.
Office of the Provost
University of Massachusetts Amherst