Innovation & Entrepreneurship Day: Translational Biomedical Opportunities for Campus, Company & Clinical Collaborations
Location: Massachusetts Room, Mullins Center, UMass Amherst
Date/Time: March 4, 2011, 8:30am to 4:15pm
This one-day program was for entrepreneurs and company, clinical and academic researchers. It provided participants with:
- An overview of translational biomedical research and specific information about the UMass Center for Clinical and Translational Science and other resources.
- Information for researchers, entrepreneurs and companies that will help them identify and pursue SBIR and other funding.
- Interactive project presentations and networking (projects from company and academic researchers to encourage two-way knowledge exchange and formation of special interest networking).
- Information about and connections to a variety of Massachusetts Life Sciences Center Programs and university resources.
- Follow up to encourage the development of industry-university collaborations through SBIR STTR projects or other mechanisms.
- Ali Andalibi, PhD, National Cancer Institute, Program Director, SBIR Development Center
- Stephanie A. McElhinny, PhD, Biochemistry Program Manager, Life Sciences Division, U.S. Army Research Office
- John L. Sullivan, MD, Vice Provost for Research, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Susan Windham-Bannister, PhD, President and CEO, Massachusetts Life Sciences Center
Company, clinical and academic researchers, as well as entrepreneurs, were invited to propose five-minute presentations (three slides) to highlight technology with translational potential and describe opportunities for collaboration.
Here are all the presentations from March 4th:
Massachusetts Life Sciences Center
Translational Biomedical Research and UMass Center for Clinical & Translational Science
U.S. Army Life Sciences
Microtest Laboratories, Inc
Children's Tumor Foundation
Learn about these Massachusetts-based resources:
- Massachusetts Life Sciences Center
- Massachusetts Medical Device Development Center at UMass Lowell and UMass Worcester (M2D2)
- Pioneer Valley Life Sciences Institute (PVLSI)
- UMass Amherst Research and Engagement
- University of Massachusetts Center of Clinical & Translational Science (UMCCTS)
- Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Engagement
- Isenberg Program for the Integration of Management, Engineering & Science
University of Massachusetts Amherst
In collaboration with: