On rare occasions the Vice Chancellor for Research & Engagement may authorize a reduction in indirect costs rates with substantial justification. The process to seek such a reduction is as follows:
The PI sends an email request to the relevant Department Chair/Head(s) with copies to the relevant Dean(s), providing the following:
- The funding source and grant announcement
- Indicate any additional faculty participants and their affiliations
- A pro forma budget with and without the requested indirect cost rate reduction
- A justification of the request
- A proposed reduction in the PI share of the RTF return.
The Department Chair/Head(s) replies to all parties with comments, and proposes a reduction in the department RTF return.
The Dean(s) then replies to all with comments, and proposes a reduction in the Unit(s) RTF return.
The PI uploads the email correspondence, pro forma budget, and solicitation to this web form for review and approval by the Vice Chancellor for Research & Engagement (VCRE) and/or Associate Vice Chancellor for Research & Engagement (AVCRE). This step should be completed as soon as possible but not later than 7 business days prior to the OGCA deadline for the proposal.
The PI will receive an email from the VCRE or AVCRE with their comments and/or approval.