Utilization of emulsion interface engineering to produce oxidatively stable lipid delivery systems
This system makes oil-in-water emulsions containing 25-40% lipids. This system utilizes antioxidant technologies in the lipid, lipid-water interface and water phases. The emulsion contains very little non-lipid materials and is easy to incorporate into foods while maintaining antioxidant protection systems.
Development of oxidatively stable food delivery systems for omega-3 fatty acids, carotenoids and flavors.
- Provides multiphase antioxidant protection
- Has greater oxidative stability than bulk lipids
- Has low amounts of non-lipid materials
- Is easy to incorporate into water based foods
- Maintains much of its antioxidant protection once incorporated into foods
US Patent 8,017,170 issued
Senior Licensing Officer
Commercial Ventures and Intellectual Property