1) How can I license University technology?
Once you have reviewed information about a particular technology and decide you may want to license it from the University simply contact the CVIP office at 413-545-3606 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we can begin negotiations towards a mutually satisfying agreement.
2) Does CVIP take equity as part of a licensing deal?
During the license negotiating process we take into consideration all circumstances to achieve the "best deal" for all parties involved. We realize, for example, that startup companies may not be able to afford large initial payments but are able to compensate with equity in the company.
3) How do I get more in-depth information about a technology listed on the "Available Technologies" database?
If you would like more in-depth information about a technology listed on our database please contact the CVIP office at 413-545-3606 or email@example.com and we can arrange to prepare a Confidential Disclosure Agreement that will allow detailed information to be provided to you and your company.
4) How can I locate departments and inventors who conduct research that is of interest to my company?
The CVIP staff would be happy to put you in contact with the appropriate department or inventor. Simply contact us at 413-545-3606 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
5) What is the University's Policy on Intellectual Property?
The University of Massachusetts-Amherst Intellectual Property Policy can be found here.
6)How can I provide material to, or receive material from, the University?
Commercial Ventures & Intellectual Property
University of Massachusetts
Arnold House, Room 232
715 North Pleasant Street
Amherst, MA 01003-